Are you planning to travel around the country in a campervan hire Australia? If so, the good news is that you can do it on a budget. While Australia is certainly not the cheapest country around, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t ways around the high prices.
If you’re renting a campervan hire Australia and want to make the most of your road trip but only have about $500 to work with, how can you enjoy your trip while not overspending? It’s easier than you would think.
While it does take time and research, you can enjoy a great vacation for less than $500 while travelling around Australia. Here are our top tips on how to do this:
- Rent a campervan from a company that needs to relocate it. If there were ever a way to cut down cost of road tripping in Australia it would be to pay less for your campervan. While campervans are cheaper than larger motorhomes, they still cost a bit, if you plan on travelling for a while. A good way to pay way less is to rent a campervan for a dollar a day to relocate the campervan for the company. While your schedule may need to be planned well for you to make the most out of the timing you’re given to return it, it’s a great way to cut back on the normal cost of campervan rentals.
- Shop for your food at low-cost grocery stores. It’s easy to spend a lot when you’re eating out all the time. To avoid overspending on food and pricey restaurants, buy what you need at the store and prepare your food at home. You’ll cut down on what you spend big time. A well-rounded meal at a local restaurant can cost up to $70 dollars, whereas you could be eating for only $20 a day when you shop for your food.
- Don’t pack too heavy. The heavier your campervan, the more fuel you’ll be burning. Avoid bringing stuff that you may not really need for your road trip.
- Know where you’re driving to and how to get there, ahead of time. This way you can avoid wasting fuel by taking long routes or getting lost. Fuel is going to be one of the biggest costs on your trip so avoid taking routes that will take longer, whether you’ll be driving near or far. There are also some apps that you can download that let you know where to find the cheapest prices on fuel. If you can save a dollar or two, why not?
- Where are you going to park? Make sure to plan where you’ll be spending your nights in advance. This way, you can find out where it is legal to park your vehicle and where it is not. Freedom camping is allowed in some places in Australia and while this is of course a great way to save money, you need to be careful. Always make sure that it is legal where you will be parking, so you avoid hefty fines. If you want to stay safe and not sorry, look up cheap campsites in the destinations that you’ll be visiting. If you look far enough in advance, you could even get good deals on otherwise pricey campgrounds.
- Plan your activities. The great thing about Australia is that it has an abundance of natural beauty and destinations, so you don’t have to worry about spending too much money to enjoy the country. From the Great Barrier Reef to the bush, there is plenty of free, natural landscape to appreciate and enjoy. Of course, some national parks may have a slight fee but they won’t cost much to see and explore, so if you love the great outdoors, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy it in Australia. Otherwise, look into free activities or events in the destinations that you’ll be visiting. Australia is rich in beaches, so if you are a beach lover, then you’ll be able to get your fill of them and best of all, they don’t cost you anything.
If you’ve been looking for the chance to explore the country of Australia, you’re making a good decision. It’s a beautiful place with a lot to see and do, making it a great option for those who want to travel around in a campervan and enjoy the great outdoors and beautiful landscapes.
As an expensive place to travel around in, it’s important for those who want to spend less to take time researching lodging, food, and activities before they set out. The above tips will help you to cut back on extra expenses that are not that important, so that you can enjoy your trip in a campervan hire Australia and get to know the country.